Time for another tag. Yay! I love these things. A huge thanks to Sara @ Bibliophagist for nominating me. Follow her for more of these awesome tags and amazing book reviews. I hope that I can be even half as good with my answers as she was with hers.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post/or on your blog.
11 questions from The Bibliophagist
1. What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?
This one is the toughest. I have read A LOT of books this year. I loved quite many of them. Besides, I’m confused between which book was my most favorite and which one the best. I also can’t seem to remember if I read Strange The Dreamer this January or last December. Because that’s a strong contender. But I think I’ll go with Sadie by Courtney Summers. Check my review on it if you’re interested.
2. What’s one of your favorite tropes?
Unrequited love/crush trope. I love it when one character falls in love first and pines over the other. I also love the ‘best friends to lovers’ trope. There’s something absolutely delightful about characters developing feelings slowly and being all conflicted and confused about them.
3. According to Goodreads, which book has been on your TBR the longest?
The Great Gatsby. Guilty as charged
4. Do you have any pets? If so, feel free to share some pictures!
Sadly, no. I’ve always wanted a dog, though.
5. What’s your current favorite song?
Ogo Bideshini. An old and popular film song that I’ve listened to in passing before but it just very recently become my favorite after watching the movie. (Btw this movie Charulata might be one of the best-directed movies I’ve watched. Satyajit Ray is a genius.)
Imagine Dragons’ Believer is another recent favorite.
6. Are there any authors, tropes, or genres that you avoid?
Authors: Kristen Ashley. I checked out a couple of her books and ended up regretting every moment. I also avoid Veronica Roth after the disaster that Allegiant was.
Tropes: Insta-love and cheating. Not my cup of tea. I also avoid books with innocent, inexperienced, virgin heroines needing to be saved.
Genre: I’m open-minded about most genres. But I generally steer clear of Horror.
7. What’s your favorite book-to-screen adaptation?
Gone with the Wind.
9. If you could teleport anywhere, where would you go and what would you do?
I have so many countries and places I want to see that I would just travel the world if I could teleport.
10. What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written?
We all have a weak spot for our firsts. And my review of Transcend was the first proper review that I’ve written. It was also one of my most heartfelt reviews.
11. What’s something that always cheers you up?
Chocolates. And watching FRIENDS.
11 questions from me:
- What’s a book you read that you would’ve been proud to have written?
- What’s one movie or TV show you think you’d have liked to have read as a book?
- Is there a book that you personally liked a lot but wouldn’t recommend to others?
- If you could read books by only one writer for the rest of your life, who would it be?
- Name a book character that you’d like to travel with.
- Who’s an author that you would like to invite over for dinner?
- What’s your favorite book couple?
- What’s the most recent book that you wanted to buy solely based on its cover?
- What’s the funniest book that you have read?
- Is there a book villain you’d like to be friends with?
- What’s the one place where you could never read a book?
I would like to nominate:
I’m too new at this blogging thing to tag 11 people here. So I went with 5. There’s no pressure if you don’t feel like doing it. It’s only for fun! If I didn’t tag you and you like being tagged and would like to answer these questions, let me know below. I had a lot of fun doing this. I hope everyone else does too!